Tags

Favourites (79) Movies (28) Music (11) Food (10) travel (10) people (9) TV-shows (8) Web (8) Software (5) Places (4) Books (3) Games (2) Hardware (2) Pictures (2) Art (1) Events (1) sports (1)

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In Movies: Blue Jasmine

I can't say that I loved this movie, but I certainly appreciate the skill of the director and the actors. I especially liked the moral of the story, which is a mix of.... HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MOVIE? IF SO, READ ON, IF NOT, DON'T. 



... A mix centered around webs of lies and how different people survive by them. Jasmine, clinging onto her past. Baldwin's character, to take advantage of others and Jasmine. Jasmine's sister, because of her self-confidence. Baldwin, aka M. (I can't spoil that), tells the greatest lies of them all, measured by their impact. Jasmine's sister is the opposite, hers are white lies to make her reality work for her. Jasmine makes me wonder if lies are a type of disease.

So, perhaps no wonder that I didn't love this movie. It is, like many good movies, something to watch only once and perhaps take a lesson from it. It had a strong impact, that's why it's here.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Google+