Tags

Favourites (79) Movies (28) Music (11) Food (10) travel (10) people (9) TV-shows (8) Web (8) Software (5) Places (4) Books (3) Games (2) Hardware (2) Pictures (2) Art (1) Events (1) sports (1)

Friday, October 25, 2013

In Places: Fabian Hotel in Helsinki, Finland

I'm going to expand my reviews to hotels as well, as they play an important role in my appreciation of places. This is the latest one, but I'll also try to add past nice ones in Paris, Brussels, and Lisbon, Portugal, that I stayed at. Today, Hotel Fabian (http://m.hotelfabian.fi/en/index.html).

Location: the hotel is a little off centre, but everything in Helsinki is walking distance. Cab ride to the bus station the next morning was about 15 euro. 

Service: very friendly, they helped us with navigating the airco in the room, booked our restaurant, and were all smiles. 

Room: roomy, comfortable matras, quiet (On the 4th floor and ignoring the stormy weather), good bathroom facilities, free wifi. 

Breakfast: according my French girlfriend, the breakfast was the best of all hotels so far. I wouldn't go that far, but it was all organic, ranged from lots of cheeses, charcuterie, and salmon to choose from, to plenty of sweet options, from croissants and cakes to fruit salads and different types of cereal. The smoothies and coffees to go were a nice surprise. 

Clearly, my passion lies with food, which I don't choose at every hotel as an option, but in terms of overal comfort I would give this hotel an 8/10

No comments:

Search This Blog

Google+